POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mpeg2 encoder found : Re: Mpeg2 encoder found Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg2 encoder found
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 20 Dec 1999 05:30:30
Message: <385E0530.FAC961F9@buckosoft.com>
Ken wrote:

> Dick Balaska wrote:
>
> > You probably timed your download to coincide with the 178 lurkers here who
downloaded
> > that program in the first 48 hours it was up. (430 downloads in 2 weeks).
>
> You can probably blame me for that one :)
>
> I posted a link to your site on the povray.org links page within 19 min.
> of your announcement.

Yeah, i noticed that. :)  I was briefly confused because the referrers are for the
povray
main page; (what!? a link from www.povray.org??)  But i decided that is because
povray.org
is framed (which shows a browser bug in the referrer).  But most of the first 2 days
refers
were of the news:// variety.

Actually, i purposely didn't link to it from my _own_ site to try to get a little data
on
the newsgroups lurks; but you blew that metric for me. ;)  After i noticed your link,
had to throw a little text on the page asking someone to share if they figure it out.

dik