POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what will be in the next major version of povray : Re: LZW concerns Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LZW concerns
From: Ken
Date: 17 Dec 1999 06:48:11
Message: <385A2327.94EF51B7@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   I don't think that a patent made in the US is valid here in Finland
> (moreover it's not possible to patent such a thing here even if one wanted
> to; there are two reasons for this, the most important one being that you
> can't patent previously published things).
>   I have made a gif-viewer myself. They can sue me if they want.

If your country honors international patent agreements, like many civilized
countries do, there is a good chance that patents originated here will apply
in your country too. If you want links to resources of information on patent
and copyright law let me know and I will fill your email box with them :)

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !