POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: Ken
Date: 17 Dec 1999 04:02:51
Message: <3859FA49.1974682B@pacbell.net>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> Ken asked: Do you think this a useful resource in it's present form ?

> No. Why not? It's very time consuming to click through the textures.

  We agree with this.

 We will likely remove many of the older textures and concentrate on
not having every possible texture that can be made. Instead we will
concentrate on the difficult, nifty, and the best of the best of the
best textures we can get.

> It's difficult to find the one you are looking for.

 We will also be adding navigation short cuts and a search engine to
facilitate speedier texture searches. We are painfully aware of how
difficult it is to find something useful in the library the way it
is currently formated.

> Together with a remaking of the webpage design it surely can. The
> textures must be updated to be interesting! I would also recommend to
> automate the creation of the webpages. A good example for this is the
> IRTC submission. Perl scripts ...

We are working on automating as much of the site as possible. There
are going to be some minor restrictions but we are working out the
details on that so I can't say more until we have figured out what
er are going to do.

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !