POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: Ken
Date: 17 Dec 1999 03:52:02
Message: <3859F7C2.291C4A49@pacbell.net>
Fabian Brau wrote:

> 1) This could be useful for beginner.

  We are hoping that this new library will be useful for not only new
POV-Ray users but also act as an idea guide for expericenced users as
well. Textures are such a complex subject even experienced users seldom
use all of POV-Ray's potential when texturing their objects.

> But not all the textures are good.

We will probably have some form of acceptance policy for new textures.
We realize that anyone can make a simple texture so we want the ones
that are special or unique. How we will judge these is still open to
debate and we have not worked out the details yet.

--
Wishing you Seasons Greetings, A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year !