POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A modest discovery : Re: A modest discovery Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A modest discovery
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 15 Dec 1999 08:45:15
Message: <38579B0B.2711DB3D@xs4all.nl>
Sander wrote:

> Wouldn't displaying the number of pixels in the last line be more
> meaningful?
> One way or another: I would like to be able to guess how long it will
> take
> the rendering to finish.

I was hoping the next version of POV-Ray would give some info on that.
Meanwhile I made a simple program for myself that gives a rough
estimate. It works for me (with render-times that are often >day)
although very in accurate. I think it could be refined a bit. Anyways,
if you're interested look for ETA at my POV-page
(http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/pov.html). Sorry, Windows9x only.

> BTW: I fail to find the place from where I can download the POV
> sources...
> --
> Regards,
> Sander