POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Website update : Re: Website update Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:42:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Website update
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Dec 1999 09:20:51
Message: <38565243@news.povray.org>
In article <38530DCA.16DEA65A@geocities.com> , "Jon A. Cruz"
<jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

> I think we saw it as just a stand-alone post.
>
> MS Outlook is
> HOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY
> brain-damaged about all sorts of things. That, along with it's alter-ego
> MSIE.
>
> In this case, it sounds like they ignored the RFC's and such and threaded
> on just the subject string instead of following the 'References:' header
> lines.

Be happy! The Outlook Express 5.0 for Mac OS version has the threading
feature removed (!!!) because "newsgroups are dead"!  So you better hold on
to your current Outlook Express version as long as the Windows version still
has this feature!

       Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde