POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : output question : Re: output question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output question
From: omniVERSE
Date: 14 Dec 1999 08:08:34
Message: <38564152@news.povray.org>
What you want to do is give CMpeg the correct parameter.

cmpeg frame%03d.tga animated.mpg

The %03d tells it to get frame000 to frame999 for example.  %02d  is for
double digits, %01d for single (0 to 9).  The zero is telling it to look for
zero buffered numbers as in 00 to 99 where the first digit starts out as 0.

I use a batch file myself, except simply for the running of CMpeg.  So I
only have to type:

  mpg frame%02 animated

at a DOS prompt to compile the "frame00.tga" to "frame99.tga" into a mpeg
called "animate".  The mpg.bat file contains a line saying:

 cmpeg %1d.tga %2.mpg

with a cd command before that to go to where I have CMpeg, since I don't add
everything to my PATH.  I never could get the "%0" to go inside the batch
file itself otherwise it would be even simpler.

Bob