POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Older : Re: I'm Older Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:31:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Older
From: Karl Pelzer
Date: 13 Dec 1999 16:29:53
Message: <38557410.227F1FD6@t-online.de>
... and BTW

I started on an ATARI 600 XL and then turned to an ATARI 130XE with wich
I did raytracing. First I transferred a b/w raytracer (simple sphere
over checkered plane) to Atari Basic and did animations with the extra
64kb bankswitching technology of the 130 XE. This program was just a
listing in the german C't magazine which I transferred to the Atari
without knowing what it does.
Later, when I was to manage the ATARI's 256 colors I converted an AMIGA
Basic raytracer to Turbo Basic XL on Atari XE. And even then I didn't
know how it really worked. Just by testing and tweaking I found a method
how to put a 256 color image as a image map on the ground-plane instead
of the checkered floor.
Finally I gave the program to the PD-Bibliotheque of the ABBUC (Atari
Bit Byter User Club)

http://www.atari-computer.de/abbuc/

But with the change to PC I stopped programming.

Karl