POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Older : Re: I'm Older Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Older
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 12 Dec 1999 23:49:55
Message: <38547af3@news.povray.org>
"Jon A. Cruz" <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote :

> The original gray CoCo was just the "TRS-80 Color Computer"
> 4K RAM for $400 originally. Later it got bumped up to 16k from them. 32K
and
> then 64K was later available on the after-market.

    Yeah! That's it! TRS-80 Color Computer 16. With TRS-DOS and Extended
Color BASIC. Right after I got mine they started selling one with some sort
of slot in the side that you could put more memory in...That was probably
the CoCo II.. That was like 20 years ago. It burned out it's power
transformer and I kept meaning to rebuild it but never did.

    Next computer I got to play with was the Apple 2E  at UCF, took a course
in BASIC so as to satisfy my boss that I  knew how to do what I was trying
to talk him into doing...  then he didn't want to do it (computer
inventory). Idiot. Industrial supply warehouse and they were writing things
down on little bits of paper...