POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for plastic texture and help files : SV: Looking for plastic texture and help files Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  SV: Looking for plastic texture and help files
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 12 Dec 1999 16:41:59
Message: <385416a7@news.povray.org>
Thanks a lot ReVerSi :)
But I get an error when I render.
It seems like the word "form" don't fits with pov-ray (window$ v3.1)
Some other stuff don't works either.
2 bad... argh

Bob
I've reinstalled it before, but I've made so many configurations,
that I don't want to, lazy? yes...
Even if the help file are 5 mb, it only filled 53 kb when I zipped it..
I've asked a friend of mine to mail them to me, so it seems like it's all ok
Thanks for you help

-Peter

Reinhard Rettelbach <rei### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> Peter Hertel schrieb:
> >
> > I'm trying to make some good plastic textures.
> > I need one of the kind you find on toothbrushes, disks and so on.
> > And one like the texture on a computer.
> > The ones I make are far too shiny.
> >
> > like this one:
> > finish {diffuse 0.3 reflection 0.3 specular 0.7} <<---these settings
seem to be a little bit too high IMO