POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Website update : Re: Website update Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:42:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Website update
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 11 Dec 1999 21:52:32
Message: <38530DCA.16DEA65A@geocities.com>
Rune wrote:

> Alan Kong wrote:
> >On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:47:59 +0100, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Argh! This message was not supposed to end up here!
> >
> >  Why not cancel your original post?
>
> Hmm, in my newsreader (Outlook Express) I see the message I posted as a
> reply to a message posted by Nathan O'Brien in 1998 which had the same
> subject line. That was not intended.
>
> Do you see the message the same way, or do you see it as a independent
> message?
>
> I'll try to cancel the message anyway.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rune

I think we saw it as just a stand-alone post.

MS Outlook is
HOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY
brain-damaged about all sorts of things. That, along with it's alter-ego
MSIE.

In this case, it sounds like they ignored the RFC's and such and threaded
on just the subject string instead of following the 'References:' header
lines.

Sounds very similar to the behavior of MSIE when it gets a HTTP transfer
with a MIME-Type, but with a "file extension" that the OS has
registered...

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.