POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Editor : Re: Editor Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editor
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 9 Dec 1999 15:08:50
Message: <38500C11.C818E32E@enst.fr>
Scott Hill wrote:

>     I always wondered what ALT GR was for. UK, and I believe US, keyboards
> have single keypresses for '[' and ']'. On my keyboard they're between the
> 'P' and Enter keys.

	French keyboards have more caracters (including accentuated letters for
example) with the same number of keys. To allow this some keys (the
number row for example) can make 3 different caracters: one on their
own, one with the SHIFT key, and one with the ALT-GR key (which replaces
the right ALT key of the qwerty keyboard)

		Jerome
--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *