POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV and alpha channel : Re: POV and alpha channel Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV and alpha channel
From: Jeff Lee
Date: 9 Dec 1999 10:03:45
Message: <384fc4d1@news.povray.org>
Steve Martin <sma### [at] usitnet> wrote:

> I'd like to do some compositing with images from POV-Ray using the
> alpha channel in the TGA file. Unfortunately (and I can't believe
> I'm the first to notice this, so I assume it's something I'm either
> not understanding or doing wrong), it seems that the alpha channel
> in the rendered image file is "reversed" from what it should be
> (i.e. 0 instead of 255 and vice versa).

The alpha value should be 0 if the pixel is fully transparent, 255 if
fully opaque, and the values in between for partial transparency -- is
this what you're getting?

(In other words, it's the opposite of the transparency component in an
rgbt colour specification.)

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet         http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/