POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : what will be in the next major version of povray : Re: what will be in the next major version of povray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: what will be in the next major version of povray
From: Claude Mench
Date: 7 Dec 1999 09:06:02
Message: <384d144a@news.povray.org>
I'm happy to see finally someone from the pov-team here.
It seems that asking what features could be in POV4.0 or even
only the direction in wich POV goes toward is not a question
that can get an answer...

>As far as tesselating all prims, it may be tedious but certainly not
>impossible.  Other renderers manage to do it.  Given the number of
>times this question comes up, it is certainly worth consideration.

    You where the maker of polyray, which had a Z-Buffer renderer,
so I think you have a good knowledge of this item. In polyray
this code exist for quite a number of primitives, because if I
remember well polyray had many primitives.

>Personally, I think the preview thing belongs in a modeller rather
>than a back-end renderer like POV-Ray, but it's not out of the question.

    I do not see Povray as only a back-end renderer, as I think
in the PC or Mac version much people use the editor and periodicly
during the scene editing do test renders.