POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: omniVERSE
Date: 7 Dec 1999 03:01:12
Message: <384cbec8@news.povray.org>
Waiting for the 3rd Year IRTC cd-rom to arrive here; too late to get those
textures added if not already there I'd say, for this round anyhow.
I rarely use a pre-made texture unfortunately.  The problem is the masses of
them which would eventually have to be sifted through as was pointed out
already.  I can hardly look through what came with POV-Ray to begin with.
Although a collection of unique or great common textures would be a good
thing wouldn't it?  I can't speak for everyone else but there is a value to
such a resource.  Don't see how you'd ever go about selection appropriately
enough.  As with all other things there's personal viewpoint involved, "eye
of the beholder" you know.

Not really much help, I know.

Bob