POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 7 Dec 1999 01:31:44
Message: <384ca9d0@news.povray.org>
news:384CA6FF.C1237279@pacbell.net...

> 4.) Would you use the textures from this site in your scenes ?

    I am afraid that I never would. I spent some time reading some textures
once, but I usually make them up as I go along. If there were enough to suit
my needs, it would take as long to sort through them as to make one from
scratch.

    But if someone wants to archive them I would be happy to cut and paste a
few hundred out of my files, but I imagine that they would not be as good as
ones someone might make for themselves...

    It would be like asking someone else to go pee for you, might save time
but is not nearly as satisfying...