POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Fox Network uses povray??? : Re: Fox Network uses povray??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox Network uses povray???
From: Steve Martin
Date: 9 Dec 1999 09:16:11
Message: <384FB94C.FB7C87BE@usit.net>
>   Pov could produce animations like that but they would look much better in
> my opion :)

That brings up a question I've wondered about lately. We have a guy
where I
work that just wangled himself a new SGI Octane with Maya, and has yet
even play with Maya to do any work for the TV station. I'd love to be
able
to generate some knock-your-socks-off stuff with POV to show him just
how
much money he wasted. However, I have no idea how to get a POV animation
onto
videotape with sufficient quality to demonstrate (which means,
basically, no
MPEG-1 compression).

Is anyone using POV to do broadcast TV animation? If so, how are you
getting
NTSC video out of the computer? How are you doing full 60-field
playback?