POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: SamuelT
Date: 8 Dec 1999 22:14:20
Message: <384F203C.ECDA0844@aol.com>
It's not good to miss checking this section of the newsgroups for a week, I
just found out :) On to the questions:

> 1.) Do you think this a useful resource in it's present form ?

Dunno. Never seen it before. Will check it out.

> 2.) Do you think it would be a better resource if more people contributed
>     to it and the textures were updated to work correctly with the latest
>     versions of POV-Ray ?

Sure. It only makes sense to let everybody in on the texture-making, for
everyone is different, and many people might not like the existing ones.

> 3.) If this became a active resource for POV-Ray textures would you help
>     contribute to it ?

Definitely, but would like to submit textures for a superpatch category, since
that is my patch of choice. I can't get over the versatility of the superpatch
to make new textures; I still haven't found a limit.

> 4.) Would you use the textures from this site in your scenes ?

Probably not. I rarely actually finish my scenes; I'm more of a
feature-tester. I experiment with shapes and textures as one who looks at
flowers, or paintings: I learn from what I do, but never seem to do anything
constructive with my knowledge (except for the test scenes I post sometimes).
I would probably use the textures as inspiration for more textures, though.

> 5.) Should we just get rid of it because it serves no purpose, it's a dumb
>     idea, who cares anyway ?

According to the popular vote on this, I would have to say no.

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial: http://members.aol.com/stbenge