POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: Abe
Date: 7 Dec 1999 21:03:36
Message: <384DBC4A.332B65EB@taconic.net>
1.) Not for me.

2.) Not necessarily. I find textures w/o context difficult to apply
(perhaps with the exception of technical aspects such as ior).

3.) Likely, though I would like to see some contribution criteria.

4.) Depends. I like to brew-my-own, but for reference I might down load
a couple.

5.) Not necessarily. A good concept, but needs rehashing.

Further suggestions include:

  a. give the textures context (e.g. an instance of application).

  b. give less emphesis to color_maps.

  c. give more emphesis to patterns, warps, turbulences, layered
textures, slope_maps.

  d. include media densities (e.g. cloud varieties).

Abe