POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yo Colefax ! : Re: Yo Colefax I Solved The Problem ! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yo Colefax I Solved The Problem !
From: Ken
Date: 5 Dec 1999 17:12:49
Message: <384AE1AE.20480782@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Glad to hear you solved the problem. But I'm not sure I understand. You have two
> light sources, in line with the camera, and the spot light in the background was
> causing the media to display as white spots, right?
> But why is it 'a silly mistake' to expect this spot light to work correctly with
> scattering media? Why should the media display as white spots?
>
> Margus

  Your guess is as good as mine. Media is a tricky beast and I will be the
first to admit that I am not a master with it.

  This should be enough for you to recreate it for yourself. For the two
point light sources turn media interation = on and you should see the
problem immediately.

camera{location<0,0,-.20>look_at<0,0,0>}

 light_source{< 0,.004,2>rgb<1,1,1>  media_interaction off}

 light_source{< 0,50,2>rgb<1,1,1>*.5 media_interaction off}

 light_source{<0,0,10>color rgb<.7,.3,.8> spotlight point_at<0,0,0>
 radius 1 falloff 10 tightness 1 media_interaction on}

media {
scattering {4, .1 extinction .25}
samples 5, 15
intervals 7