POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yo Colefax ! : Re: Yo Colefax I Solved The Problem ! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yo Colefax I Solved The Problem !
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 5 Dec 1999 14:42:10
Message: <384AC0A5.1CCA9225@peak.edu.ee>
Ken wrote:

>   The reason my media was not performing correctly had nothing to do with
> the lens effects themselves. It turns out that I made a silly little mistake
> when specifying light sources for the lens effects. You see if you don't
> specify "media_interaction off" for the lens effects point light sources it
> really messes with the scattering media in the scene. Once I changed that
> everything started working as intended.

Glad to hear you solved the problem. But I'm not sure I understand. You have two
light sources, in line with the camera, and the spot light in the background was
causing the media to display as white spots, right?
But why is it 'a silly mistake' to expect this spot light to work correctly with
scattering media? Why should the media display as white spots?

Margus