POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Yo Colefax ! : Re: Yo Colefax I Solved The Problem ! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yo Colefax I Solved The Problem !
From: Ken
Date: 4 Dec 1999 18:55:30
Message: <3849A8D7.8FC2DEF1@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

>  How come your lens effects are attenuating my background scattering
> media into oblivion ?

  The reason my media was not performing correctly had nothing to do with
the lens effects themselves. It turns out that I made a silly little mistake
when specifying light sources for the lens effects. You see if you don't
specify "media_interaction off" for the lens effects point light sources it
really messes with the scattering media in the scene. Once I changed that
everything started working as intended.

  It should also be noted that removing hollow from the lens effects disks does
really bad things and should be avoided.

  Just goes to show even advaced users can make mistakes and there is always
something new to learn with this splended program called POV-Ray.