POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math Question : Math Question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Math Question
From: Robert J Becraft
Date: 2 Dec 1999 07:54:38
Message: <38466c0e@news.povray.org>
I'm posting this because I'm sure it is a simple trig thing and that was too
many years ago for me to remember it.

I have an object... let us assume it is a picture for simplicity....

camera ----->      picture

In this scenario, the picture is perpendicular to the viewing angle of the
camera.  What I want is the formula that will tell me how much to rotate the
picture to keep the picture perpendicular when I MOVE the camera.

For example, if the camera is at <0,0,0> and the picture is at <10,0,0>  and
then I move the camera to <0,0,5>, how much do I need to rotate the picture
to get it back to a 90 degree angle respective to the camera?   X,Z
coordinates are fine, I don't need any 3-D solutions to this problem.

Regards,
Robert J Becraft
aka cas### [at] aolcom