POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Motion Blurring : Re: Toughts about implementing motion-blur in POV-Ray... Server Time
2 May 2024 17:52:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toughts about implementing motion-blur in POV-Ray...
From: Goran Begicevic
Date: 1 Dec 1999 03:03:41
Message: <3844D637.9B4EB21D@tidax.se>
> Btw, I know nothing of programming in here.  I had only done my own "in-pov"
> tests of motion blur and found the need to either csg difference or tone the
> texture color down while a object moves.
> I'll let you all continue now and leave you with it  ; )

This won't matter. If averaging multiple images, colors will be weighted
as well. Imagine photographic film exposed multiple of times with object
slightly moved. You would need to adjust exposure-time for every
exposure.

Take a peek at:
http://www.student.hig.se/~kp97gbc/computer_graphics/pool_800x600.html
There is one off my studies of POV motion blur using makro-jittered
objects.

It works, believe me ;)