POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translate a point : Re: Translate a point Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translate a point
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 30 Nov 1999 12:20:36
Message: <38440764@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote

> Don't you have to build and transform anyway?

    I was hoping not. I was going to use the translate values like this:

object {
                MyObject
                texture{TextTetxure}
                translate 0.2
                translate < X_value,Z_value,0 >
//                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
/* the built in value places the bottom of the text at the bottom corner of
the screen. If I could build a prism with these values then the prism would
stay in place even if I changed the camera_right and camera_up or the
camera_angle */

no_shadow translate z scale 0.001
        matrix  <
                  autotext_x.x,autotext_x.y,autotext_x.z,