POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translate a point : Re: Translate a point Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translate a point
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 30 Nov 1999 09:05:26
Message: <3843d9a6@news.povray.org>
"Markus Becker" <mar### [at] studentuni-siegende> wrote :

> I'm not sure, if I understand your problem, but the following works
> (untested, so don't blame me).
>
> #declare A_Point = <px,py,pz>;
> #declare A_Trans = <tx,ty,tz>;
> #declare An_Other_Point = A_Point+A_Trans;

    Right. But ...

> #declare A_Point = <px,py,pz>;
> #declare A_Trans = transform{translate first_translation
                                                        translate
second_translation
                                                        matrix MyMatrix}

 #declare An_Other_Point = A_Point+A_Trans;

    doesn't work.

    or at least I haven't gotten it to work for me...

    I've got to go now, but when I come back I will explain further, perhaps
I am not trying to do the right thing and need to go back and check my
premises.