POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : house model : Re: house model Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: house model
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Nov 1999 05:24:10
Message: <3843A5F2.4501D63B@inapg.inra.fr>
It's already hard to build things in 3D, and it's even harder to ruin them in
a proper fashion. If I had to do that, I'd try to use height fields for the
walls, with holes "painted" in the right places. With the right textures
(image maps) added for realism (burn marks...) it could be feasible. You
could even base the height fields and the bitmaps on real-life pictures, at
least for the outlines.
G.