POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in textured meshes? : Re: Bug in textured meshes? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in textured meshes?
From: Ken
Date: 30 Nov 1999 01:37:09
Message: <3843701E.E7349167@pacbell.net>
Jeff Lee wrote:

> However, when multiple copies are placed at different rotations, the
> textures all show the same rotation as the first copy of the mesh.  If
> the first mesh is rotated z*45, and the second is unrotated, its
> triangles' textures are rotated by z*45.
>
> The docs don't mention anything like this.  Is it supposed to happen?

 This is a known bug and has been reported to the POV-Team. It will not
likely be fixed until the release of POV-Ray v3.5.

If you were not running OS2 I would point you toward the superpatch and
UVPov bothof which have this particular bug fixed. Source for both is
available I believe if you want to compile your own platform dependent
version.