POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Morphing... : Re: Morphing... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Morphing...
From: Ken
Date: 28 Nov 1999 20:55:15
Message: <3841DC86.7E37F174@pacbell.net>
Alan Kong wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 11:12:51 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>
> >There are of course many 3rd party morphing
> >programs you could try using for a final image using post processing.
>
>   Ken, have you ever played with Dave Mason's DMorph? Oh, by the way,
> it's a program <bg><LOL>. Works under MS-DOS.
>
>   It works as post processing for two similar or dissimilar images. The
> user places the common mesh points on the two images, which are
> displayed side by side in DMorph. I wish I still had a copy from
> CompuServe but maybe you or Dave has a copy. It was a lot of fun to use.

   I did try it a couple of times in the past but never got very far with
it. When I finally got around to buying a CD player I got a morph program
surprisingly enough called Morph for $3 at a shareware store and it runs
under Windows, can do stills or movies, and is much easier to use. I have
morphed a couple of my Pov scenes into AVI animations with it, and my talent
with that software, poor as it is, achieved some rather amazing results.

I may very well have a copy of DMorph around here somewhere if you really
want to play with it but there are other morphing program on the shareware
sites now that make it look rather primitive.

Ooops - Yahoo to the rescue - DMorph

http://ring.asahi-net.or.jp/archives/pack/win31/art/anime/