POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : New group... : Re: New group... Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:38:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New group...
From: Ken
Date: 28 Nov 1999 20:03:05
Message: <3841D04A.84BE4140@pacbell.net>
Timothy Farley wrote:

> I've thought about asking the POV-Team to add a new group to this server,
> perhaps you can tell me what you think, so that I can see if there is
> support for my idea.
>
> I would like to see a group devoted to sPatch users. People could chat about
> sPatch, post tutorials, tips tricks and even their sPatch project files
> (*.spt)
>
> I know that the sPatch project has been abandoned by it's writer, but
> perhaps if we could spark enough newfound interest in the program, we could
> convince the author to release his source code to another developer.
>
> Let me know what you think, please!
> Thanks in advance
> - Tim -

 Not speaking for the POV-Team here but I think they would be skeptical
about the usefulness of such a group and the need to add it to this server.
The reason I say this is because there are sPatch questions posted here
on occasion but there does not seem to be enough of them to warrant a
dedicated news group for that purpose. General use questions can be
discussed in .general and if you want to share a sPatch file you can post
it in povray.binaries.scene-files without violating any of the charters
of these groups. In fact there have been a couple of sPatch files posted
there in the past.

 If enough people do respond positively to your request though we can
ask Alan Kong to address this issue with the POV-Team and get their
feedback on the question.