POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Motion Blurring : Re: Toughts about implementing motion-blur in POV-Ray... Server Time
2 May 2024 13:56:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toughts about implementing motion-blur in POV-Ray...
From: omniVERSE
Date: 28 Nov 1999 13:50:23
Message: <3841796f@news.povray.org>
I like the talk of this becoming a potential feature, even if way off into a
future version or patch.  Something to consider would be how texture is
applied to such objects, or all of the scene in the case of camera movement.
The multiplications cause a lot of overlapping texture to occur and that has
to be adjusted for.  I think some of the image averaging procedures account
for this from what I remember was said before.  Within POV-Ray itself
however there would need to be similar adjustment since each still image is
in fact a series of images of a sort.
Don't want to put a damper on the subject, just wanted to be sure that this
also was thought about. And I guess this is where I came in, the talk of
collecting color info for the object(s).
Btw, I know nothing of programming in here.  I had only done my own "in-pov"
tests of motion blur and found the need to either csg difference or tone the
texture color down while a object moves.
I'll let you all continue now and leave you with it  ; )

Bob