POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inverse colors : Re: Inverse colors Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inverse colors
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 28 Nov 1999 13:18:22
Message: <384171ee@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote

> It does make a perfect inverse if the camera rays passes through an odd
> number of surfaces with that texture. If it passes through a object like
> sphere or text, the rays will pass through an even number of surfaces with
> the texture, and the background will be reversed back to normal again.

    That helps! But it still only seems to work on Black and White, or maybe
on the total value of the rgb content (I haven't finished testing). For
whatever reason, in front of red, green and blue it is just gray. It seems
to filter the inverse of the average value of RGB. I wonder if you can
divide up the filter to make it work on each part separately.

    Like: pigment { color red filter -1, color green filter -1, color blue
filter -1 } I will try it when this round of testing is done.

    BTW, Rune. Thank you for the work you put into the signature macro. I am
making something really nice out of it. I will show it in just a little
while.