POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inverse colors : Re: Inverse colors Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inverse colors
From: Rune
Date: 28 Nov 1999 11:11:40
Message: <3841543c@news.povray.org>
Bill DeWitt wrote:
>"PoD" <pod### [at] merlinnetau> wrote :
>>
>> pigment{ rgbf <1,1,1,-1> }
>> finish{ ambient 0.5 }  // this value threw me
>>

>    That makes a nice raised look (I am using text) but not quite an
>inverse. What I want would be something that shows white over black ,black
>over white, purple over green, green over purple... so that rgb<1,1,0>
would
>be rgb<0,0,1> etc.

It does make a perfect inverse if the camera rays passes through an odd
number of surfaces with that texture. If it passes through a object like
sphere or text, the rays will pass through an even number of surfaces with
the texture, and the background will be reversed back to normal again.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated November 19: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,