POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Motion Blurring : Re: Motion Blurring Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Blurring
From: Ron Parker
Date: 25 Nov 1999 20:37:14
Message: <383fe3c0.40170340@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 12:36:16 -0800, "Jon A. Cruz"
<jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

>Hmmm. Ya got my brain working more.
>
>I imagine that one could hook in some image analysis to help. Just render
>two frames spaced normally. Then do a diff and locate the rectangle areas in
>the images that changed from one to the next. Then re-render sub-frames with
>only these sections specified. This should catch reflections, etc. also.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  If the "before" and "after" positions
of the object don't intersect in screen-space, you might neglect to
rerender the space in between for each subframe.  The object also
might not just move within the rectangle bounded by its beginning and
ending positions.