POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color Passing in #macro : Re: Color Passing in #macro Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Passing in #macro
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Nov 1999 11:01:57
Message: <383eaef5@news.povray.org>
In article <383e7611@news.povray.org> , Nieminen Juha
<war### [at] punarastascstutfi>  wrote:

>   It certainly looks like a bug. I don't know of any way of printing the
> values of the vector when it has five components so I can't see what's
> happening. There seems to be no way to access the 5th component of a vector
> and #write doesn't work for 5-dimensional vectors for some strange reason.
>   5-dimensional vectors are obviously handled differently from 4 or less
> dimensinal vectors, and perhaps the bug is related to that.

No, you can just treat it as a color:

#declare CapColor=<1,0,0,0,0>;
#macro Cap(Color)
difference
 {
 union {
  cylinder{<0,0,0>,<0,.0889,0>,.17}
  cylinder{<0,.0889,0>,<0,.1333,0>,.2}
  cylinder{0,y*.0667,.12 translate y*.1333}
  }
 pigment{ rgbft Color} //Will promote to a 5 component vector
 }

 #warning "Vector <"
 #warning str(Color.red,0,3)
 #warning ", "
 #warning str(Color.green,0,3)
 #warning ", "
 #warning str(Color.blue,0,3)
 #warning ", "
 #warning str(Color.filter,0,3)
 #warning ", "
 #warning str(Color.transmit,0,3)
 #warning "> "
#end
camera  { location <0,5,-5> look_at 0 angle 40 }
light_source { 0,rgb 0 translate -z*40 rotate <30,-10,0> }
background { rgb 0}
object  { Cap(CapColor) }

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany