POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some musings about POV-Ray and Java... : Re: Some musings about POV-Ray and Java... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some musings about POV-Ray and Java...
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 26 Nov 1999 05:15:39
Message: <383e5dcb@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
news:251119992136518380%chr### [at] yahoocom...
> This looks like an interesting idea, it might take a bit of time to
> figure out the best way to implement it, but would almost certainly be
> worth it. And of course, it would be entirely platform independant,

Well, not entirely. You would need to have a platform for wich there is a
Java implementation (with whatever version you plan to do the packages in,
so I would vote for Java 1.1 since it is much more common than Java 2 that
only exists for Windows and Solaris - yet.)

> and wouldn't even require POV to be installed.

For the rendering you would need POV of course, but for the generation of
the POV script you could do without. But what use would be a POV script
without the ability to render it?

Johannes.