POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Back -- and things are looking up : Re: I'm Back -- and things are looking up Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Back -- and things are looking up
From: Twyst
Date: 25 Nov 1999 20:22:42
Message: <383de0e2@news.povray.org>
TonyB <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote in message
> >Well, I have a new idea. I still like blue, tho. =P
>
> Well, you decide then.
>

> >Well, that's going to have to wait until I get a better server - right
now,
> >it's only on a cable modem , and the bandwidth restrictions are harsh.
>

> "Only" a cable modem? Oh, well. I hope we get "better" soon.
>
> >and now for my terrible secret: I haven't used povray in better than 6
> >months, and I probably won't again.
>
> It doesn't matter if you haven't used it in a while, you can still get
back
> into the swing of things. Why don't you want to use it again?
>
> >It's not efficient for graphic and webdesign.
>
> Would you mind explaining that? And what do you use in it's stead?

Well, when I have a deadline, it's hard to use it quickly, and merging a 3d
image with 2d images isn't the most fun, either.
Not to mention the whole "code. Render. sigh. recode. rerender. sigh again."

I mainly use Adobe Photoshop for my work, since 90 % of it is 2D.
If you wanna see my latest projects, check out my !!!TEMP!!! website at
http://geocities.com/animewallpaper

> >I still whole-heartedly support it, but it's just too time
> >consuming for me.
>
> And IRC isn't? ;)

Heh, not really, since I usually lurk. and I can ALWAYS say "I'm gone.
werking!"