POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Back -- and things are looking up : Re: I'm Back -- and things are looking up Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Back -- and things are looking up
From: Twyst
Date: 25 Nov 1999 17:29:56
Message: <383db864@news.povray.org>
TonyB <ben### [at] panamaphoenixnet> wrote in message
> >Well, as you can see from the subject, I'm back.
>
> Best news I've heard in weeks. =) Welcome back. I'm very glad everything
> worked out.
>

> >My site: does anyone care?
>
> Who doesn't? It took me a while to get used to *not* having you around.
Your
> site is needed. It helped keep all those stray patches together in one
spot.

> >Should I attempt a third revision, or just axe it
> >completely?
>
> I liked the look you were last working on. You know, the blue one. All you
> need to do is expand it. Put the PatchStation back in, and what the hey,
> toss in a chat room.

Well, I have a new idea. I still like blue, tho. =P

Also, I don't really have need of doing a java-style chatroom, since I'm on
IRC almost 24/7 (if I'm not, my IRC client is.) I personally reccomend IRC
as the #1 time-wasting tool. =P I know a few regular posters are on IRC
fairly often as well: Chris Huff, Jon A. Cruz, Ron Parker, and a few others.

> >-Later on, I'm thinking about doing webhosting for Pov
> >users/programmers/artists.
>
> I think it would be nice if you webhosted for programmers only, real
> contributors, and provided links to noted artists. Oh, and of course, if
you
> could provide space for #include/#macro file authors, that would be great
as
> well. What I'm getting at is that your site should be a central place for
> POVers.

Well, that's going to have to wait until I get a better server - right now,
it's only on a cable modem , and the bandwidth restrictions are harsh.

and now for my terrible secret: I haven't used povray in better than 6
months, and I probably won't again. It's not efficient for graphic and
webdesign. I still whole-heartedly support it, but it's just too time
consuming for me. I still tell people about, and promote it everywhere, and
I can still code in it.... but I don't actually use it.  =/

Twyst