POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Back -- and things are looking up : Re: I'm Back -- and things are looking up Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Back -- and things are looking up
From: TonyB
Date: 25 Nov 1999 16:15:03
Message: <383da6d7@news.povray.org>
>Well, as you can see from the subject, I'm back.

Best news I've heard in weeks. =) Welcome back. I'm very glad everything
worked out.

>My site: does anyone care?

Who doesn't? It took me a while to get used to *not* having you around. Your
site is needed. It helped keep all those stray patches together in one spot.

>Should I attempt a third revision, or just axe it
>completely?

I liked the look you were last working on. You know, the blue one. All you
need to do is expand it. Put the PatchStation back in, and what the hey,
toss in a chat room.

>-Later on, I'm thinking about doing webhosting for Pov
>users/programmers/artists.

I think it would be nice if you webhosted for programmers only, real
contributors, and provided links to noted artists. Oh, and of course, if you
could provide space for #include/#macro file authors, that would be great as
well. What I'm getting at is that your site should be a central place for
POVers.

>Also, bear in mind, that it IS a lot of work to do by myself. If you want
>write articles, or tutorials, etc, let me know.

If I ever get to do something as nice as my recent clouds, I'd be willing to
post sources. Perhaps when YAHI is done...