POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : why is my image so pale with white background : Re: why is my image so pale with white background Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: why is my image so pale with white background
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Nov 1999 17:42:40
Message: <383c69e0@news.povray.org>
In article <383c6334@news.povray.org> , "Erick" <ejv### [at] wxsnl> wrote:

> The images have to be combined and used in print. Apart from the previous
> mentioned CMYK problem (do those colors turn ugly, yagh) I have a problem
> with the background. I would like our illustrator to be able to cut out the
> 'solid' objects and place them in the desired color background.

What you want to use is the is "+UA" switch with a PNG (+Fn) or TARGA (+FT)
image file format. These formats support an alpha channel which allows you
to obtain the borders of (solid) objects easily. You can read this up in the
POV-Ray manual in section:

POV-Ray Options >> Options Reference >> Output Options >> File Output

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.