POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Gimp - Fractals : Re: The Gimp - Fractals Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Gimp - Fractals
From: omniVERSE
Date: 24 Nov 1999 08:20:26
Message: <383be61a@news.povray.org>
The last version I tried (forget the number, dated around September I
believe) under Win95b (OSR2) was pathetic about opening image files of
certain types and the ATI graphics card had troubles no doubt too.  Scripts
for filters were bad 10 to 20 % of the time. And though many times it
carried on through without a crash other times I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del out.
This has kept me from trying it again (third time last), as good a program
as it was. Filters are inherently applied slowly btw.

Bob