POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amazing Discovery! : Re: Amazing Discovery! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazing Discovery!
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 22 Nov 1999 22:29:04
Message: <383a0a00@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote ...

> I tried Descent once with the Cybermax glasses (was it Cybermax?).
> Darn, it really looked like my monitor was 100 meters deep. I hardly
> resisted the temptation to go behind it and see where those robots
> were coming from :)

With one of the Descent games (I think it was Descent 1), if you choose the
correct 3-d option, it would put two images side-by-side on the monitor, and
if you then looked at it cross-eyed, it would look 3d.  No glasses needed,
but talk about a headache!

Regarding the original post: if you play those 3d first-person games with
one eye blocked, you can see quite a bit of 'fake' depth.

-Nathan