POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some musings about POV-Ray and Java... : Re: Some musings about POV-Ray and Java... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some musings about POV-Ray and Java...
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 27 Nov 1999 01:05:51
Message: <383F74FE.1B8CB1DD@geocities.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I tend to try every POV-related but of software if I think it will be
> of use to me. If ever you complete this project and release a final
> version, I will be glad to try it out. And no, I don't know Java, but
> maybe it was about time I learned it :)
>
> Does Java support macros and defines? Can a "scene" in this
> hypothetical Java-Pov-whatever language look a lot like a POV scene if
> hacked around with defines?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonoooooooooooooooooonoooooooonononononono!!!!!!!!!

Ack.
Defines are horrible. Bad bad things. Java has no defines nor macros. No
goto either. No operator overloading...

Hmmmm...
But it would not be very hard at all to come up with an XML format for
the POV-ray scene and read and parse it in Java. Then feed it to
POV-Ray...

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.