POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation at all.. : Re: Animation at all.. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation at all..
From: H E  Day
Date: 26 Nov 1999 22:18:39
Message: <383F4CE0.AB264CA1@teleport.com>
Chris, keyframing can also be done though the use of splines. For an example
I'll use the Superpatch version (less complicated than yours).

#declare Movement =
spline {
cubic_spline
0,.5
.125,.75
.25,.25
.35,.666
.5,.333
.625,0
.75,.25
.8,1
}

sphere {<0,0,0+Movement(clock)>,1  translate y pigment {rgb x*2}}

camera {location <10,10,10> look_at 0}
light_source {<-20,10,20> rgb 1}

This is meant to be run on a 0-1 clock at about 40 frames. It produces
extremely smooth movements and it's uses in animation are endless. Movement,
rotation, and color are only the beginning.  I've even used this in a
animation to fake radiosity, with stunning results (its memory and render
time friendly!). Anyway, just want to point out a pov-native alternative.

H.E. Day