POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amazing Discovery! : Re: Amazing Discovery! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazing Discovery!
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 23 Nov 1999 01:46:20
Message: <383A3898.F1B64BD3@unforgettable.com>
Sander wrote:

> Have any of you tried to place two images (a stereo pair) next to one
> another and view them just like that: the left eye looks at the left and the
> right at the right image. The brain fuses them and you have your perfect 3D
> view! All in true color!

I have.. I could never get it to work properly, though.

Those of you with repetitive desktops (say, Mac-users using large
patterns) may find that if you allow your eyes to cross and defocus a
little until the pattern resolves again, it'll seem to sink into the
screen while windows and icons float above it (albeit as blurred double
images, but it's still a cool effect).

Okay, that had nothing to do with POV-Ray, but I thought I'd share. ^^

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/