POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation at all.. : Re: Animation at all.. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation at all..
From: Phil Clute
Date: 22 Nov 1999 00:46:25
Message: <3838D87F.2849F6E5@tiac.net>
> I am not sure but I remember that it took me a couple of hours on my
> own time before I was somewhat comfortable about setting up the right
> switches and how to make an object move with script in an animation
> scene file. The docs have a lot of references to the clock function
> but it seldom mentions in the same place what you need to do to activate
> it. I think that is where most of the confusion comes from.

...Also, when I started using pov I was also a newbie to computers in
general.
It was through my quest to animate with pov that I learned what an .ini
file is even for.
I did just look over the animation help stuff and some of the included
animation files briefly. Some of the included povfiles have command line
settings commented out inteded to be used to create the animation. But
it's
not presented in a way that says "copy & paste me to the command line".
know what to do with it now but when I started it just looked like
jibberish
as did most pov scenelanguage. It would be helpful to have it mentioned
in
those scenefiles that there is an ini file of the same name.and that it
is
needed to render multiple frames(or something similar about command line
switches).

It wasn't until I decided to rendered one of the ini files that I
figured it out.
I thought it was just going to produce an error, but of course I got
frames beautiful
frames...

--
Phil
...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.