POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CMKY Output : Re: CMKY Output Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CMKY Output
From: Ken
Date: 21 Nov 1999 16:25:15
Message: <383862E8.6221EDD3@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> I don't think this would be practical, since AFAIK internally POV is built
> around the RGB model. You could of course do RGB -> CMYK conversion in video
> post, but there are other programs better suited for this. Good RGB -> CMYK
> conversion is not a trivial matter, for one because the two models have quite
> different gamut space.
>
> Margus

  I see a lot of people asking the question in comp.graphics.misc about
convering RGB -> CMYK. Even the people experienced with the process and
can afford the software that does this type of conversion are not always
happy with the results.

  I would think it would be highly problematic to do this in POV-Ray and
get predictable results.