POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Changing resolution... : Re: Changing resolution... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Changing resolution...
From: Ken
Date: 21 Nov 1999 13:33:18
Message: <38383A9C.B5BA49ED@pacbell.net>
"Martin T. Thoma" wrote:

> Changing resolution...
>
> Hello !
>
> I'm using PoV-Ray for Windows 9x. You could set the resolution of the
> rendered image in the ListBox (like "320x200 NoAA"). But there are only
> some possebilitys, and I need a picture, which width is small, but which
> is very high (like "100x400" or so...).
>
> My questions:
>
> 1.) How can I choose another resolution then given in this list-box ?

  You can of course look up the proper command line switches in the docs
or for custom sizes like that you can add them to your quickres.ini file.
The format for adding custom sizes to the image size selection window is
pretty straight forward and you should have no problem understanding how
to modify it by looking at it's current contents. You will need to restart
the program for the contents of the window to change.

> 2.) Is it possible to "save" the resolution in the PoV-Code ?

  No it is not possible unless you have a seperate .ini file for your
scene file. Look in the docs for instruction on setting up a custom
.ini file and how to use them.