POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to do... : Re: How to do... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to do...
From: Ken
Date: 21 Nov 1999 12:13:02
Message: <383827C7.32B4C181@pacbell.net>
"Martin T. Thoma" wrote:

> How to do...
>
> Hello !
>
> I'm a totally newbee in PovRay.

Welcome aboard !

> I want to know if it's possible to create
>
> 1.) Lens-flares
> 2.) Visible Light-Sources
> 3.) Particles
>
> with PovRay and how it's done. Some small examples or keywords would be
> very helpfull. Thanks !

 You have pretty much recieved the answers to your questions and I would
only like to add a bit to what has already been mentioned. I posted a
a "welcome to the news groups" message in the announcements group on this
server just yesterday. I encourage you to take the time to read through
it to help you get oriented with the news groups and where to find
information and resources related to POV-Ray. Since I spent considerable
time on it I expect people to at least take the time to read it :)

 Besides what was mentioned about utilities for the effects you are looking
for I would also recommend that you go through the tutorials in the POV-Ray
documentation and also spend some time looking at the example scene files
that came with the program. Almost every feature in POV-Ray has an example
scene file illustrating how to use that feature. They were provided for more
than just making pretty pictures with and a lot can be learned from them.

Cheers,