POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where's Dave Mason's homepage? : Re: Where's Dave Mason's homepage? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where's Dave Mason's homepage?
From: omniVERSE
Date: 21 Nov 1999 01:29:30
Message: <3837914a@news.povray.org>
Using Outlook Express here, it's fine through AOL.  True that IE, if being
associated with AOL, will try and use the AOL Newsgroup protocol (correct
term for this? don't know).  I would guess that if Netscape were passed
through AOL instead it also would complain there isn't a valid group.
So, if IE is made to be it's own (default) browser outside of AOL all should
go fine.
Btw, there can be suggested additions to the listed AOL Newsgroups, however
I think it unlikely to happen so I don't bother to try, doesn't mean it's
not possible I suppose.
Oh, and about the DTA for Windows, only the player DFV32 is a gui far as I
could tell, the DTA32 has no gui, or if there is I never saw one.  Just has
the ability to use your Avi codecs (and is 32 bit I think).

Bob